Why not Microsoft Visual Studio Code ( the most universal ... C, C++ native, C# and from Powershell for Linux to Python ) ?
- vscode : version 1.38.0 is avalaible in Software Center
- Visual Studio Code (open source version) is a new type of tool that combines the simplicity of a code editor with what developers need for their core edit-build-debug cycle.
Why not the well-knowned & traditionnal CMake ?
- CMake : version 3.15.3-35 is avalaible in Software Center
- CMake, the cross-platform, open-source make system. CMake is used to control the software compilation process using simple platform and compiler independent configuration files. CMake generates native makefiles and workspaces that can be used in the compiler environment of your choice.
Is there a binary version of netbeans ?
- If yes you can try to install it from terminal : for instance, It works perfectly well for Microsoft PowerShell 6.2.0.
- May be useful as ~ $ eopkg list-available | grep netbeans gives no results.